Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stone Earth Pan by Ozeri - Review


I recently had the opportunity to review the 10" Stone Earth Pan by Ozeri.  This is the second eco-friendly pan I had the privilege of reviewing, the first being the Green Earth Pan.  I find myself very rarely using my traditional non-stick pans after trying out the Stone Earth Pan.  The Stone Earth Pan uses Stonehenge, which is a natural stone-derived coating to deliver a non-stick surface.  By doing so, it is completely free of any PFOA (PerFluoroOctanoic Acid), which once ingested is capable of remaining apart of you for an unknown amount of time.


One of the first things I noticed about the Stone Earth Pan is that I was able to cook with a lot less oil or butter than I normally would need.  The second being how fast my food cooked.  I recently fried chicken breasts using my pan, I forgot to slice the breasts in half prior to breading them, so they were very large.  Normally, under these circumstances and using a traditional non-stick pan, I would end up with a burnt breading and a raw inside.  I was shocked when the breading stayed crispy the whole time my chicken cooked.  I never needed to add more oil to the pan either.  There was no foul burnt or chemical taste either. I have used the pan to cook french toast and hamburgers as well and found the same cooking results.  I really feel very uncomfortable using my traditional non-stick pans now after I have done this research about non-stick surfaces.


The Stone Earth Pan:

  • Uses a natural stone-derived coating that is 100% free of harmful PFOA. 
  • Is eco-friendly by using a never before seen non-stick surface without releasing harmful fumes or toxins at high temperatures. 
  • Features a scratch-resistant stone-based coating that is easy to clean. 
  • has an interior made out of heavy-gauge die-cast aluminum with no harmful chemicals or trace metals. 
  • has a heat-resistant silicon coated handle and a magnetized base for rapid heat transfer. 





 photo 0281b9d2-247d-48c0-9d53-563b5b5af3fb.jpg

4 comments:

  1. This Stone Earth pan really appeals to me especially without the harmful toxins that are released from traditional non-stick pans. I recently heard (and need to verify) that using teflon pans is harmful to birds? Seems kind of oddball, except that we have two parakeets and I certainly don't want to be releasing harmful chemicals into the air (for us or them)! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like one of those, I could really use one up on the road to becoming green, didn't know the harmful toxins of non stick pans until lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pans! Cannot ever seem to get enough quality pans. This would be a great addition and I love that it is non toxic.

    ReplyDelete